This committee was started in June 2012 to mark and enhance our parish church environment for celebrations of the seasons and feasts of the Liturgical Year through the use of flowers, plants, banners, and pieces of art.
The committee is open to all parishioners. Our committee members typically commit no more than 6 hours a year.
Help is very much needed by the entire committee for 2 activities a year.
- Decorating for Christmastide: Christmas Eve from 9 AM–noon. During this time we hang wreaths and garland and place candles and 50 poinsettias and then water them. Families are welcomed.
- Decorating for Eastertide: Holy Saturday from 9 AM – noon. During this time we hang wreaths, banners, and bunting and place 50 potted plants and water them. Again families are welcomed.
Other activities require only 1, 2 or 3 volunteers not the entire committee.
- Putting up Advent trees and banners
- Putting up Lenten banners
- Watering plants throughout Christmas and Easter Times
- Decorating for Ash Wednesday
- Decorating for Palm Sunday
Meetings of the entire committee are rare to none.
For more information contact the Parish office.